We are actively hiring for the position of Police Officer. Full time candidates do not need to be law enforcement certified. Part time candidates MUST be POST certified, in good standing, and have verifiable on the road experience!
The Brunswick Police Department needs mature, self-disciplined, and highly motivated people who are committed to the ever expanding and rewarding field of law enforcement.
Our department accepts applications for patrol officers candidates who are already certified in the state of Georgia year-round. Non-certified applicants who qualify for a partial Hope Grant through the State of Georgia will be considered for employment. (Those interested in additional information on this grant should contact Savannah Technical College’s Peace Officer Academy, Savannah, Georgia (19 week Pre-Service Program) at 912-443-5191.)
For otherwise qualified candidates, upon successful completion of the hiring process, our agency will sponsor you and pay you while attending the police academy. No law enforcement experience is required.
Please read our qualifications and benefits below. After a self qualifications check, please follow the link at the bottom of this page, to complete and submit an initial online application. From that point, I will contact you via EMAIL, to participate in our physical efficiency batter (PEB).
Thank you, and I look forward to getting you onboard our premier agency!
Cpl. Paul M. George
To be considered for employment as a Police Officer you must:
- Be at least twenty (21) years of age, unless waived by the Chief of Police
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Upon hire, must live within a one hour drive of the city limits of Brunswick
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Have no record of conviction of a felony or a sufficient number of misdemeanors to show a pattern of disregard for the law
- Have no misdemeanor convictions involving sexual misconduct, resistance to law enforcement or domestic violence
- Complete and submit a written application to the Director of Human Resources and sign a waiver for personal inquiry
You will also be required to pass:
- A written exam
- A drug screen
- A medical exam
- A C.V.S.A. exam
- A psychological exam
- A physical efficiency exam
- An extensive background check
The Brunswick Police Department offers the following benefits to officers:
- Uniforms, firearms and equipment
- Competitive promotional exam
- Professional training
- Rotating days off
- Field Training Officer positions for qualified officers
- Specialized units (Drug Squad, K-9, Bike Patrol, Traffic Enforcement, Criminal Investigation Division (CID), SWAT)
As an employer, the City of Brunswick provides exceptional career opportunities and compensation:
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits package, Health, Life & Disability
- 10 Holidays per year
- Comprehensive health insurance available which includes Well Care, Prescription Drug Plan, and Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
- City of Brunswick retirement plan
- Accrued sick leave: 12 paid sick days per year
- Employer paid Life/Accidental Death Plan
- Deferred compensation plan
- Paid vacation: 12 paid vacation days per year, 18 days after 10 years of service
- Extensive training opportunities
- Employee assistance program
- Credit Union membership
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
For more information on joining our team of dedicated professionals, please feel free to contact our Recruiting Officer, Cpl. Paul George, at 912-267-5515 or via e-mail. Also, be sure to visit DiscoverPolicing.org to learn more about careers in law enforcement!
For information on police academies in this area, please read Police Academy Information.