Expungement refers to the purging of criminal history records. Anyone who desires to request expungement of a criminal history record will need to read and carefully follow these instructions.
- Print the GBI/GCIC Request to Restrict (Expunge) Arrest Record form and instructions. Read instructions on page one.
- Complete Section One – Applicant Information. Be sure to sign and date the Request Form. One date of arrest only per request.
- Bring the entire Request Form to the Brunswick Police Department headquarters between the hours of 8am – 4pm Monday through Friday. A non-refundable fee of $15 is due when the Request Form is turned in.
- The Brunswick Police Department will complete Section Two – Arrest Information, and will then forward the Request Form to the Glynn County District Attorney’s Office.
- The Glynn County District Attorney’s Office will complete Section Three – Prosecuting Attorney of the Request Form. The Prosecuting Attorney will approve or deny the request.
- Once the completed Request Form is returned to the Brunswick Police Department, the applicant will be called to come in and pick up the completed Request Form.