Terms and Conditions of Usage
It is important to read the following terms and conditions of use. Your use of this site constitutes your agreement to abide by these terms.
The City of Brunswick nor the City of Brunswick Police Department is neither responsible nor liable for any viruses or other contamination of your system nor for any delays, inaccuracies, errors, or omissions arising out of your use of this website or any other City of Brunswick associated links connected to this website or with respect to the material contained on this website or any other City of Brunswick associated links connected to this website. This website and all materials contained on it are distributed and transmitted ‘as is’ without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation, warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The City of Brunswick nor the City of Brunswick Police Department are not responsible for any special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages that may arise from the use of, or the inability to use, this website or any other City of Brunswick associated links connected to this website and/or the materials contained on this website whether the materials contained on the website are provided by the City of Brunswick, the City of Brunswick Police Department, or a third party.
- The City of Brunswick Police Department website is created and designed for the purpose of communicating general information with users of the internet by electronic means. The City of Brunswick Police Department does not guarantee the accuracy, reliability, or confidentiality of any such communications. The internet should not be used to transmit any sensitive or confidential information to the Brunswick Police Department as such information may be easily intercepted. Given the unreliable nature of internet communications, information transmitted to the City of Brunswick via electronic means may not be received at all, nor received or reviewed in a timely manner.
- The City of Brunswick Police Department website should not be relied upon for emergency services and is in no way designed to serve as an alternative to the emergency services provided by 9 1 1 telephone service. If you have an emergency or important, time-sensitive crime information, communicate this information with the City of Brunswick Police Department by telephone service.
- The City of Brunswick Police Department reserves the right to modify, update or alter these Terms and Conditions of Use at any time. Your continued use of the website constitutes your agreement to comply with such modifications.
- Communications made through this website’s email and messaging system shall in no way be deemed to constitute legal notice to the City of Brunswick Police Department, to the City of Brunswick, or to any agencies, officers, employees, agents, or representatives of either entity, with respect to any existing or potential claim or cause of action against the City of Brunswick Police Department or any of its agencies, officers, employees, agents, or representatives, where notice to the City of Brunswick Police Department is required by any federal, state, or local laws, rules, or regulations.
- This website, the City of Brunswick Police Department Community Portal, is an official City of Brunswick Police Department Government System, which may be used only for authorized purposes. Unauthorized modification of any information stored on this system may result in criminal prosecution under federal, state, and/or local law. The City of Brunswick Police Department and its agents may monitor and audit the usage of this system, and all persons are hereby notified that use of this system constitutes consent to such monitoring and auditing.
- Use of the NAME, INITIALS, or SEAL of the City of Brunswick Police Department or of the City of Brunswick is restricted by law and may be used only with written permission of the City of Brunswick Police Department for the name, initials, or seal of the City of Brunswick Police Department or the City of Brunswick for the name, initials, or seal of the City of Brunswick.
- UNATHORIZED COPYING, REPRODUCTION, REPUBLISHING, UPLOADING, DOWNLOADING, POSTING, TRANSMITTING OR DUPLICATION OF ANY OF THE MATERIAL IS PROHIBITED. You may may download or copy any downloadable materials displayed on the website for home, noncommercial, and personal use only, provided that you maintain all copyright, trademark and other notices contained in such material and you agree to abide by all additional copyright notices, information or restictions contained in any material accessed on this website.
- You shall not restrict or inhabit any other user from using and enjoying any service conducted on this website, nor shall you upload, transmit, or distribute or otherwise publish on the website:
- Any unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, or indecent materials.
- Any materials which infringe any intellectual property right of any third party or advertise or otherwise solicit funds or are a solicitation for goods and services.
- Any materials containing a virus or other harmful component.
- While the City of Brunswick Police Department has no obligation to monitor the website and is not responsible for the content of any messages, information or files transmitted on the website and is not responsible for the content of any messages, information or files transmitted on the website, the City of Brunswick Police Department reserves the right to delete, move, edit, refuse to post or take other appropriate action with respect to such messages, information, or files which the City of Brunswick Police Department, in its sole discretion, deems objectionable or otherwise in violation of these Terms and Conditions of Usage.
- The information provided on this website and links to other related websites are provided as a courtesy to website visitors only, and are in no manner an endorsement, recommendation or approval of any person, any product or any service contained on any website.
- The City of Brunswick Police Department maintains this website from its offices in the City of Brunswick , State of Georgia and makes no representations that materials in this site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you access this website from other locations, you do so at your own risk and are solely responsible for compliance with any and all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- This agreement shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia and the City of Brunswick as applied to agreements made and to be performed entirely therein. Any action brought to enforce the agreement or in connection with this website shall be brought in either the state or federal courts in the City of Brunswick , State of Georgia .
These Conditions of Use represent the understanding between you and the City of Brunswick regarding use of our Web Site. By using this service you signify your acceptance of these Conditions. If you are not agreeable please do not use this service. The City reserves the right to modify or update these Conditions and Policies, so please check them from time to time. Any time we update this information, we will revise the date posted above.
Conditions of Usage
By using this service, you authorize the City of Brunswick to:
- Accept or collect your Credit Card information for payments selected by you – including penalties and handling fees.
- Transmit same (over a secure link) to a Third Party, currently Authorize.net, for credit card approval and subsequent debit to your Credit Card Account by your Issuing Bank (Payee).
- Your responsibilities include correct entry of all fields required to verify your credit card, the authorization to pay, and printing the subsequent “Receipt” screen, for your records.
- The City relies on third parties, including the Payees, for the processing and completion of payments on your behalf. Although the City uses care in selecting these Third Parties, there can be no guarantee that these Third Parties will not delay or refuse acceptance of the Payments. The City therefore disclaims all liability for the acts and omissions of such Third Parties.
As described above, the City shall have the right to use, copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, and forward to the appropriate Payee and other Third Parties (defined above), your Information, but solely in connection with the processing of the payment. The City respects the privacy of the visitors to our Site including you, and will not make any other use of your Information, except as described above.
The City will not store, retain, or copy your credit card information in our files. Once the credit card transaction is approved, the only data retained on the City’s computer files is the authorization number received from your Issuing Bank (Payee).
The City’s web site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. While the City has endeavored to create a secure and reliable Site, please be advised that the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to the City over the Internet cannot be guaranteed. Consequently, the City is not responsible for the security of any information transmitted via the Internet, the accuracy of the information contained on the Site, or for the consequences of any reliance on such information.
Your browser must meet the following criteria to be covered by the certificate which allows this Site to function properly:
Internet Explorer version 4.0 or higher; or Netscape version 4.0 or higher.
If you are using an earlier version of either the Internet Explorer or Netscape browsers, it can be upgraded by downloading files from either of their respective websites, which can be found below.
The City is not responsible for any charges that may be associated with this browser upgrade nor is the City responsible for the success of the download.
Internet Explorer: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/
Disclaimer of Liability
This Web site may contain other proprietary notices and copyright information, the terms of which must be observed and followed. Information on this Web site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors.
Information may be changed or updated without notice. The City of Brunswick may also make improvements and/or changes in the products and/or the programs described in this information at any time without notice.
The City of Brunswick does not want to receive confidential or proprietary information from you through our Web site. Please note that any information or material sent to the City of Brunswick will be deemed NOT to be confidential. By sending the City of Brunswick any information or material, you grant the City of Brunswick an unrestricted, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, display, perform, modify, transmit and distribute those materials or information, and you also agree that the City of Brunswick is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques that you send us for any purpose. However, we will not release your name or otherwise publicize the fact that you submitted materials or other information to us unless: (a) we obtain your permission to use your name; or (b) we first notify you that the materials or other information you submit to a particular part of this site will be published or otherwise used with your name on it; or (c) we are required to do so by law. You can learn more about the City of Brunswick privacy practices on the Web.
Information the City of Brunswick publishes on the World Wide Web may contain references or cross references to City of Brunswick products, programs and services that are not announced or available in your area. Such references do not imply that the City of Brunswick intends to announce such products, programs or services in your area.
The City of Brunswick ’s obligations with respect to its products and services are governed solely by the agreements under which they are provided. If you obtain a product or service from the City of Brunswick off this web site that is provided without an agreement, that product or service is provided “AS-IS” with no warranties whatsoever, express or implied, and your use of that product or service is at your own risk.
The City of Brunswick and the City of Brunswick Police Department make no representations whatsoever about any other web site which you may access through this one. When you access a non-City of Brunswick web site, even one that may contain information about the City or City government and services, please understand that it is independent from the City of Brunswick, and that the City of Brunswick has no control over the content on that Web site. In addition, a link to a non-City of Brunswick web site does not mean that City of Brunswick endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content, or the use, of such Web site. It is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use is free of such items as viruses, worms, trojan horses and other items of a destructive nature.
IN NO EVENT WILL CITY OF BRUNSWICK BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR ANY USE OF THIS WEB SITE, OR ON ANY OTHER HYPER LINKED WEB SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA ON YOUR INFORMATION HANDLING SYSTEM OR OTHERWISE.
Notification of Changes
A notice will be posted on our web site home page for 30 days whenever this statement is changed.
Questions Regarding This Statement
Questions regarding this statement should be directed to the webmaster (firstname.lastname@example.org) for clarification or at (912) 267-5559.